Plumbing systems in the commercial sector are used more frequently than residential systems. They are complex and tend to be more expensive. As for residential systems, most homeowners will need to deal with drains and gutters that are clogged or slow.
Gunk and debris can get stuck inside toilets and drains, and minerals, debris, and grease can also become stuck inside residential pipes.
If your lines are full or slow, then there are many different ways to tackle the problem. However, arguably the best way to handle slow or full drains is to use hydro-jetting. Here, we will provide you with everything you need to know about hydro-jetting.
Hydro-Jetting: A Nutshell
Hydro-jetting consists of using a water hose to clean all sides of your line simultaneously. High-pressure water is used to achieve this goal, as a specialized nozzle is used to blast through your line. Water jets blast behind the line as the nose of the apparatus slides through.
Debris is loosened by unclogging the line, and a state of the art forward jet is used to tackle the problem.
A rear-facing jet is used to remove any debris that is still left intact. The leftover debris is either pushed into or out of the line system.
How Does Hydro-Jetting Work?
Professional plumbers, such as Toronto plumbers, will use hydro-jetting to repair slow sewage lines. Severe clogs can also be cleaned via hydro-jetting.
To do so, your Toronto plumber will send a powerful blast of water to eliminate any buildup or blockages within your pipes. They use a nozzle, and the nozzle is fed into the pipe before the high-pressure water is released.
It is also worth noting that the pipe will likely be self-propelled: This is primarily due to the water pressure. As the high-pressure water comes into contact with food and other types of blockages, it will cause such blockages to dissolve.
Benefits of Hydro-Jetting
Hydro-jetting is a top of the line advancement in product development and engineering. The archaic drainage snake has become obsolete thanks to the innovations that hydro-jetting have brought to the table. Hydro-jetting can be used to remove tree roots that have become stuck inside sewer lines. It can also be used to eliminate stubborn residential clogs. Below are even more benefits to hydro-jetting.
- Effective: It fully clears the line, unlike other antiquated methods. All traces of build-up and debris will be eliminated via hydro-jetting: This is in stark contrast to snaking, which will remove the blockage but will still leave behind debris and gunk on the walls of your pipes. As a result, another clog will form eventually, and your drain will begin to slow after a few weeks. With hydro-jetting, however, you don’t have to worry about such problems.
- Save you money: while it may cost a bit more than rooting or snaking techniques, it will ultimately save you more money over time. Hydro-jetting is also faster and more efficient than other cleaning methods. If you have hired a Toronto plumber that charges by the hour, you will likely save more money with hydro-jetting over snaking or rooting. It is also worth reiterating that hydro-jetting will eliminate future problems, which also means eliminating future service calls.
- More sanitary: due to its speed and efficiency, the plumber will spend less time dealing with contaminants. With older methods, there is a greater risk of sewage and debris leakage or spillover that can make the plumber ill. The debris and sewage may contaminate your home and its surroundings as well, which can make your family ill and cause your home to emit unpleasant odors.
- Long-lasting: the powerful water pressure that hydro-jetting provides will make it hard for grime and debris to accumulate over time. The end result is you will need to clean your pipes less frequently than before.
Your pipes will also function more effectively and will work more efficiently for a longer duration.
- Offers more mobility: pipes can be very unstable and precarious, especially in older homes. Having to open pipes to clean them can be a recipe for disaster.
Costly repairs and excessive damage will often ensue if you are not careful. One of the greatest benefits of hydro-jetting is that the water hose used will directly enter into your pipes: This will allow the Toronto plumber to access the trickiest of places with ease.
- Environmentally friendly: many traditional methods will involve using harmful chemicals and dangerous procedures that can harm the environment. Conversely, hydro-jetting is even safe for buildings situated near lakes, rivers, and ponds.
- Remove all residue: from your pipes. Hydro-jetting will remove all food, mud, grease, soap, and sand that have made their way into your pipes over the years.
- Reduce bacteria: your pipes will harbor many different strains of harmful bacteria due to their near-constant use: The result is foul odors and health issues.
Fortunately, hydro-jetting will not only eliminate any grime and dirt buildup but harmful bacteria as well.
Hydro-jetting serves as the ideal way to avoid plumbing issues in the future. It will completely unclog and clean your pipes to maximize their effectiveness.
It is also recommended for those who have recently moved to a new building or home. Video inspection can be used to diagnose many different problems that can cause headaches in the future for homeowners.
Simply make a call to a professional plumber in the area for your home to receive a full hydro-jetting treatment.